Tuesday 24 March 2015

Review: Jessica's Ghost by Andrew Norriss


Francis has never had a friend like Jessica before. She's the first person he's ever met who can make him feel completely himself. Jessica has never had a friend like Francis before. Not just because he's someone to laugh with every day - but because he's the first person who has ever been able to see her ...Jessica's Ghost is a funny, moving and beautiful book by a master storyteller, about the power of friendship to shine a warm light into dark places.

My review

For me Jessica's Ghost was one of those surprise books that arrived as a review copy without me knowing much about it. I picked it up quite unprepared for how special it really was and I was so glad that I read it by the time I was done.

Above all this book is just really sweet and full of heart. It is one of those books that could fall either into MG or YA category in the themes they cover. I think it would be perfect for anyone between 10 and 14 who is feeling a bit lost during that transition between primary school and high school because they are a little bit different and don't quite fit in with their peer group.  

I loved what this book had to say about friendships and their value. The way they main characters interact is really lovely and I loved seeing the role Jessica's ghost had in bringing them together. The story itself is nice and pacey meaning you don't want to put the book down and has a really bittersweet feel to it by the end.

All in all a real special little book which I thoroughly enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment